Tips to have a longer battery life span
To keep you and your Amigo on the go, batteries in good working condition is critical.
At Amigo, we continue to test batteries in our on-site test lab, something we have been doing for more than a decade because we want to stay innovative with new battery technology.
Before we share the details about good charging habits, we must share a few things that can affect the life span:
- Charging: You should charge your battery as often as possible so that you do not need to do a deep discharge.
- Temperature: Batteries operate best at room temperature. Anything outside of 0 – 100 Fahrenheit can cause damage.
Here are a few tips to keep your batteries is great condition:
- Batteries generally need to be replaced every 12-18 months (24-36 months with proper charging). If you are having trouble with charging or notice batteries getting hot or bulging during charging, it may be time for new batteries.
- If a battery is fully discharged, it may take up to eight (8) hours to reach a full charge. Good charging habits improve battery performance. It’s helpful to charge batteries at every opportunity whenever the Amigo is not in use, which will also reduce charging time because batteries aren’t discharged as deeply. Amigo battery chargers are smart chargers, so they will stop charging when the battery reaches a full charge. Extended charging will not damage batteries if they are in good condition.
- Charge batteries at every opportunity whenever the Amigo is not in use.
- Amigo battery chargers are smart chargers, so they stop charging when the battery reaches a full charge.
- Type of batteries:
- AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries have a general lifespan of about 18-24 months (with proper charging) and Lithium-ion batteries have a longer ranging up to 5 years.
If you have questions about battery replacement, please contact our service team at 1-800-248-9131.